Simply assign your allowance to Motability and you’ll get a brand new car every three years. Your allowance covers most of the running costs, so all you have to do is fill your car with fuel.
Your agreement includes:
- A brand new Ford of your choice every three years
- Insurance, loss and damage protection, personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs at your Ford Dealer
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Window and windscreen replacement
- A 60,000 mile allowance during the three years
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- The most popular adaptations arranged through your Motability accredited Ford Dealer
There are many vehicles available at no additional cost to your allowance. However, if you do want a higher specification vehicle or one of our larger cars, you will need to pay an additional one-off ‘Advance Payment’.
If you’re receiving either of the following benefits, you could qualify for a car under the Motability scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Even if you can’t drive yourself, you could still get a car on the Motability scheme by nominating a family member, guardian or your carer as your driver.
You should have received an Award Notice with details of your allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). If they haven’t sent you one, or if you’ve mislaid it, simply contact the DWP on: 03457123456.
Remember, if you’re thinking about joining the scheme, you must have at least 12 months of your award remaining.
How It Works
Step 1. Choose your car
Your Ford Motability Specialist can help you choose the car to suit you best. To find the one that’s right for your needs, it’s important you experience our cars first hand. Your fully trained Motability Specialist can arrange either an accompanied test drive, or a test ride if you’re going to be the passenger. If it’s easier, we can also organise home visits or come and collect you.
Things you’ll need to consider include:
- Can you get in and out of the car easily enough?
- Is there enough room for everything you need to carry with you (e.g. mobility aids, wheelchairs, etc.)?
Can you use the controls easily as they are, or do they need to be modified for you?
Step 2. Place your order
When you’ve decided on your car, your Motability Specialist will set up your agreement by entering your details, and those of the car, into Motability online. The price is now guaranteed against that vehicle from this point. At this stage, a wide range of adaptations can be ordered and these will be ready for you when you collect your car. Motability check your eligibility with the Department of Work and Pensions and confirm back to your Dealer that they can place an order for your Ford vehicle.
Your Dealer will then be able to advise you when your new car will be delivered, which could be as little as a few weeks.
Step 3. Collect your car
Once your delivery date is confirmed, your Dealer will finalise your insurance, loss and damage protection details.
When you go to collect your car, they will give you a thorough handover so you’re familiar with the key features. To finance your car, you’ll also need to enter your PIN, to sign the hire agreement between yourself and Motability Operations.
Finally, if you have an Advance Payment, this will need to be paid to the Dealer (in one lump sum). Motability Operations will hold the V5 document.
You are now free to enjoy your new car from Ford Motability.